Do Not's in SEO for 2011 (Search Engine Optimization)
1. Have ANY text the same color as your background page color. Example: (Example) < you can't see it but it is there. this is dumb, useless and hurts your site from ranking. This is one of the oldest black hat techniques from the 90's, YES I SAID THE 90'S!
2. Keyword Stuff any where! This is mostly found now in titles and in sometimes in content, in alt tags etc.. An Example of this would be: (Service Culture, Bradworthly Service culture expert, Get Service Culture.) I managed to stuff the title with my key phrase 3 times. But this does not help ranking because it does not help the user know what's actually on this page. The page or site will may not rank high because of the keyword stuffing.
3. Use Link Schemes such as reciprocal linking, link farms, link wheels, link exchanges, multiple-way linking, paying for links - JUST SAY NO. While it is fine to exchange links with someone in your same field which does benefit you, it is better to link to a site you want to link to and have the link come up naturally in content.
4. Use Forums and blogs improperly when you are leaving a comment that has your signature on it. Although it's great to leave comments, generate discussions and get your name or profile out there, spamming someone else's blog just for the link is not helpful. Google see's this as spammy and discounts your site and the link. Besides no one likes to read "good post". Add something to the community; this will go a lot farther than your simple comment of "good post". (Even though many comments are "no follow" it's still a great way for visitors to find you and network with you.)
5. Content is NOT KING - QUALITY CONTENT IS KING! Make sure every page on your site is a page that you would want to read and that others would want to read as well. If you don't want to read it then why should you expect others (or Google) to read it? If you have a page similar to all of your competitors have (like in real estate a buyers page) then change yours to make it more compelling and make it a page that a buyer will actually want to read. Give them something to do; a reason to buy from you.
6. Page Rank and Site Rank are dead - or maybe at least on life support. You can not estimate the value that Google places on your site by page rank. I have seen a 0 page rank site rank higher than a site of a 5 page rank for the same keyword. Now on to the hardest item to get your head around. Ranking is dead..... (or is it) For a slower technology adopting industry like real estate ranking is not dead, but for an industry that can adopt to technology faster it may just be on life support. Do you really care where your customer has come from? Do you care if you got them from Google or Facebook? Or are you just happy to have the customer?
It is the focus of business that makes ranking dead not Google. The focus on internet business has been shifted from position to conversion. Who cares if you rank 1st for your major keyword when you're not getting clients off of your site. I tell my customers it is not only my job to increase your site rankings and visibility but it is also my job to increase your conversation rate. You can pay any SEO company to focus on rankings while only a few of them will focus on conversion.
If an SEO company can get you a customer from your website or wherever they market for you and you get paid from that result then you are less likely to ever leave that SEO company. They have provided the best result for SEO; a check in your hand.
Personal SEO provides all types of SEO marketing to real estate clients and others around the country. For excellent tips on real estate in Walla Walla Washington visit LWB Realtors. Our associate in Klickitat county offers homeowners excellent marketing skills when selling property and for expert marketing of ranches in Montana contact Craig del Grande.
Tammy Emineth is an expert in custom content and original articles for blogs, website, press releases and more. Contact me anytime and feel free to subscribe to this blog to stay up to date on my latest blogs and informative information. Email me or contact me for Real Estate Website Marketing and SEO Content Writing.
The information contained in this blog is believed to be true and correct and while every effort is made to assure that the information is as accurate as possible, the author of this blog, and its comments disclaim any implied warranty or representation about it's accuracy for any particular purpose. All information is copy written and the property of Tammy Emineth.