Surrounded by splendor and full of small city charm, there is no question Bozeman, Montana, is a beautiful location both for travelers and residents. Although, one might argue, “What else is there to do in Bozeman except outdoor activities like fishing, skiing, hiking, biking, and camping?” Excellent question, so here is an answer for the best things to do in Bozeman, Montana when you might not want to be doing all those other activities: (Although those other things are pretty great too!)
1. Museum of the Rockies: Montana State University is home to this museum that is open year round. It boasts to have one of the world’s largest collections of dinosaurs including the largest T-Rex skull, the largest dinosaur skull, and some of the world’s rarest dinosaurs. The museum also contains a planetarium, exhibits on American Indians and Western history, and a children’s discovery center where the little ones can explore Yellowstone wildlife. Don’t forget to check out the Living History Farm there as well.
2. Bozeman Hot Springs: There are nine, chlorine-free mineral pools where for over 100 years, travelers and residents have soaked their bodies in the geothermal waters here. The water in the pools change 5 times a day and each night the pools are drained and cleaned. Temperatures of the pools range from a cold 59 degrees to a warm 106 degrees. Other features of this location are a full-service spa, fitness center, dry sauna, and the “Amazon Rainforest Room” provides a steam shower experience.
3. Children’s Museum of Bozeman: Kids, grandkids, and adults alike will enjoy the programs and hands-on exhibits this children’s museum has to offer. Learning through play and open-ended activities in science, art, building, and culture might make leaving this facility the hardest thing to do here.
4. Emerson Cultural Center: Originally built in 1918 as an elementary school building, this art and community center houses artist’s studios and shops, as well as a ballroom and gallery. The center conducts educational art classes and workshops for all ages. The Emerson also hosts many free community outreach events such as Friday night “Art Walks”, a weekly summertime concert series “Lunch on the Lawn,” and the annual “Garden and Home Tour.” Plus the building can be rented for large group gatherings.
5. Gallatin Pioneer Museum: The building that houses the Pioneer Museum was built in 1911 as the county jail. The prisoners moved out and the museum moved into the building in 1982. Since then the Gallatin Historical Society changes the exhibits portraying the early days of the Gallatin Valley. The Society hosts the annual History Conference and maintains the outreach programs like organizing exhibits sent to schools, banks, fairs, and conferences.
However, one could also argue shopping and dining are the best things to do in Bozeman, Montana, when not doing outdoor activities. There are quite a number of unique stores and restaurants in and around the city—definitely check out Historic Main Street Bozeman. Since there are so many good shopping and dining locations, one would probably need to write an article just highlighting those. So in the meantime, whether you are a local resident or a traveler visiting, check out the above listed locations for some of the best things to do in Bozeman, Montana.
Give Nancy Oakes call anytime with updates on listings, information on Bozeman or anything else in Gallatin County! Nancy loves this area and would like to be your source for news, activities and of course, Bozeman real estate. 406-581-1956 | firstname.lastname@example.org - Original Post here http://www.realestateofbozemanmt.com/index.php?page_id=320 for Nancy Oakes by Tammy Emineth
Tammy Emineth is an expert in custom content and original articles for blogs, website, press releases and more. Contact me anytime and feel free to subscribe to this blog to stay up to date on my latest blogs and informative information. Email me or contact me for Real Estate Website Marketing and SEO Content Writing.
The information contained in this blog is believed to be true and correct and while every effort is made to assure that the information is as accurate as possible, the author of this blog, and its comments disclaim any implied warranty or representation about it's accuracy for any particular purpose. All information is copy written and the property of Tammy Emineth.